Sunday, 9 September 2012

Manu Double Downs Worcester!

Tigers made it a maximum 10 points out of 2 fixtures as they romped to a 5 try win against the woeful Worcester Warriors, winning 34-26.  Two first half tries from Manu Tuilagi were added to by Vereniki Goneva, Graham Kitchener and, a rather fortunate, penalty try in the second half to secure all 5 points.

Vereniki Goneva tackled and turned over a Worcester player within his own 22, quick ball to Flood was released outside to Hamilton; he passed back into Kitchener who drew in the defence before off loading for Manu Tuilagi who romped in at the corner.

If the first try was was the try of the season so far the second one quickly claimed that mantel.  Goneva broke from his own 22, beating half the Worcester side on his way, the ball was quickly rucked and Manu brushed off the challenges of 3 Warriors to secure his brace.

On the stroke of half time former Worcester captain Chris Pennell was binned for a cynical piece of cheating, his cheating worked as Tigers tried in vain for a push over try before debutant Pat Phibbs threw the ball at Floods feet, causing a knock on and drawing the half to a close.

Dudley born half back Shaun Perry caused a ruckus on the half time whistle as he viciously assaulted Toby Flood, quite what the referee was looking at as this thuggery occurred is anyone's guess.  He ignored it and the sides went off for half time.

Much like in the seasons opener away to London Welsh, Tigers started the second half with a bang,  The period was barley 3 minutes old when Flying Fijian Vereniki Goneva forced himself over in the right hand corner after quick play by Sam Harrison and a flowing move from the CAT side back towards the Crumbie stand.

Thuggish Perry then got his just deserts as he finally got a yellow card.  Twatish Chris Jones managed to avoid the referee's scrutiny, as the saying goes you can take the twat out of Sale but you can't stop him being a massive twat.

In the 66th minute Tigers had a series of scrums on the Worcester line culminating in referee Andrew Small awarding Leicester a penalty try.  Quite what the actual offence that probably stopped a try was up for debate but the bonus point and win was secured.

6 minutes from the end Worcester old boy Graham Kitchener finished off the scoring crashing over in the left hand corner after build up play from Geordan Murphy amongst others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment